East Hampshire District Council
East Hampshire District Council provides a wide range of planning, housing, environmental and community services. It serves 112,000 residents who live in the 200 square miles that make up the district.
The council is made up of 44 councillors who are elected every four years. The next elections are in 2015.
As well as representing the interests of residents at ward level, councillors advocate local interests at regional, national and sometimes, international level.
EHDC has a strong belief in partnership and works with government, other local authorities, voluntary organisations and businesses to meet the needs of the district in as efficient and effective way as possible.
The council is currently developing a shared services approach. It shares a Chief Executive and management team with Havant Borough Council. It is also sharing the provison of refuse collection and recycling services with Winchester District Council.
For more information see http://www.easthants.gov.uk
If you were registered and logged in you could add news, events & photos to this group
- Fresh start and some old faces at East Hampshire Youth Council
- Get on a roll with Individual Electoral Registration
- Alton in Bloom entries pretty as a picture
- Last development consultation takes in seven villages
- Follow in the footsteps of East Hampshire’s literary giants
- More developments asked to contribute to Alton Sports Centre
- EHDC’s excellent financial performance means more investment in services
- EHDC cabinet approves two £5k grants
- Help choose the Butserfest 2014 t-shirt design
- Summer holiday fun with RAPP and Get Activ8d