East Hampshire District Council
East Hampshire District Council provides a wide range of planning, housing, environmental and community services. It serves 112,000 residents who live in the 200 square miles that make up the district.
The council is made up of 44 councillors who are elected every four years. The next elections are in 2015.
As well as representing the interests of residents at ward level, councillors advocate local interests at regional, national and sometimes, international level.
EHDC has a strong belief in partnership and works with government, other local authorities, voluntary organisations and businesses to meet the needs of the district in as efficient and effective way as possible.
The council is currently developing a shared services approach. It shares a Chief Executive and management team with Havant Borough Council. It is also sharing the provison of refuse collection and recycling services with Winchester District Council.
For more information see http://www.easthants.gov.uk
If you were registered and logged in you could add news, events & photos to this group
- Bank Holiday bin collections
- First aid training puts families in safe hands
- Partners Magazine, Summer 2013
- East Hampshire secures an exemption from government policy on change use from office to residential.
- By-election called for Petersfield Town Council seat
- Cllr Ferris Cowper appointed Leader of EHDC
- BBC Countryfile focus on East Hants
- Exercise Referral Scheme is just what the doctor ordered
- Still time to use your postal votes
- Election results 2013